Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bacon of the Month Club: July



July's Bacon is from the Hungarian Meat Market on 2nd Avenue (formerly known as "Goulash Avenue") and 80th St in Manhattan. After marvelling at the wide selection of pigs feet and five different brands of avjar, I selected the double smoked bacon. Unfortunately, I was several blocks away before I realized they hadn't sliced the bacon, but it was still bacon, so off I went to the Haven. Mark was impressed at my prowess and I knew I would be eating bacon all weekend! While it was a pound, it didn't last nearly as long as a sliced pound would as Mark lacks the precision required for thin slices. The double smoked bacon was delicoius nonetheless. This morning we had a medley of eggs, swiss chard, and bacon on toast. Outstanding!!!

No comments: